When the patient arrives, it is important to ensure that all forms are properly completed and signed. If they have not already completed the forms online or in the Welcome Packet, give them time to fill them out. Pay particular attention to the following:
• Make copies of their insurance cards, both front and back and include it in their patient record.
• Validate the information on the insurance card with another valid form of identification such as a driver’s license, to avoid security problems like patient misrepresentation and possible health care fraud.
• Referrals and/or pre-authorizations should have been obtained before the patient arrived. If not, call immediately to verify coverage.
• Make sure that all of the forms in the Welcome Information are properly completed.
• Obtain signed copies of other forms, such as the Release of Information or liens, where applicable.
With the purchase of the 2016 ChiroCode Deskbook, find out what the most important details are on patient forms!