This page will be updated with Resources for chiropractic organizations in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ALERT: On March 28, 2020, the Department of Homeland Security issued an Advisory Memo identifying what they consider “essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 response”. That memo includes chiropractic physicians, but it should be noted that it also stated “This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard.”
In summary, it is up to the state to determine what is allowed. We have heard that some states (e.g., Colorado) have stated that chiropractic care is not considered “essential” in most cases, be sure you stay abreast of your individual state requirements. Even if CMT is not allowed, other care provided via telehealth may be an option for you (see the webinars and telehealth resources listed below).
Please keep in mind that this is a rapidly evolving situation. What is not allowed one day might be allowed the next. Also, even though telehealth requirements are greatly loosened during this time, we recommend that you review telehealth rules and regulations and do your best to try and maintain HIPAA compliance rules (e.g., protecting patient information).
- ChiroHealth USA
- On the Other Side of Chaos
- TeleHealth For Remote In-Home Chiropractic Care **NEW**
The following articles are listed in chronological order.
- Financial Impact of CARES Act on Healthcare Providers **NEW**
- April 8, 2020: ICD-10-CM Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines Updated for COVID-19
- April 7, 2020: More Telehealth Changes Announced by CMS Chiropractic Offices Should Know About
- March 30, 2020: Trump Administration Makes Sweeping Regulatory Changes to Help U.S. Healthcare System Address COVID-19 Patient Surge
- March 30, 2020: Providing Telehealth Services During COVID-19 Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Trump Administration Provides Financial Relief for Medicare Providers
- March 30, 2020: Physicians and Other Clinicians: CMS Flexibilities to Fight COVID-19
- March 28, 2020: Advisory Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
- March 26, 2020: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers by DOL
- March 26, 2020: 2019-Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Medicare Provider Enrollment Relief Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- March 25, 2020: U.S. Department of Labor Releases Guidance on the Federal Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 25, 2020: COVID-19: Cybercrime, Telehealth, and Coding
- March 20, 2020: Steps to Follow if Closures or Layoffs Become Necessary due to Covid-19
- American Chiropractic Association
- Liles Parker, Liles Parker PLLC, Attorneys and Counselors at Law
- CDC Information Page for Healthcare Professionals
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for the Physical Therapy Profession
- Best Practices Academy
- Florida Chiropractic Association
- Illinois Chiropractic Association
Suggestions: If you have suggestions of other helpful resources, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org